Empty hard vegetable capsules made from HPMC was the first alternative to animal-derived gelatin capsules. The vegetable capsule fulfill the huge demand from vegetarians and health conscious consumers.
Vegetable capsules manufactured by Dah Feng are made of HPMC (Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose) produced from pine wood. The process does not involve any animal ingredient thus making it a purely vegetarian product.
The vegetable capsules maintain the advantages of the traditional gelatin capsule as well as offering no cross-linking reaction. Due to the low water content (4 – 6%) the vegetable capsules are very suitable for hygroscopic and moisture sensitive ingredients.
The vegetable capsules are available in sizes #1, #0 and #00.
- High quality capsule
- Excellent machinability on both high-speed and semi-automatic filling machines
- Derived from 100% vegetable material
- No cross-linking reaction
- Complies with EU regulations for food supplements labelled as organic
- Suitable for hygroscopic and moisture sensitive ingredients
- Tasteless and odorless
- Halal certified
- Kosher certified
- Vegetarian Society certified
Dah Feng are quality certified as per: